Exam Policies & Procedures
Due to the COVID-19 Mitigation efforts, Real Estate University final exams will only be offered through a remote/live-proctored format until the pandemic regulations are updated.
1) The final exam will be administered on Tuesday and Thursday morning at 9:30 am and Wednesday evenings at 6:00 PM. Schedules are firm due to the requirement of a proctor logged in for the duration of the exam with a limited staff available.
2) Exam sessions have limited availability, so we suggest that students register early.
4) Students will be given 2 hours and 45 minutes to complete the exam, which is the same time that the state testing vendor PSI gives as well.
5) Students must select their exam date and register through the website using the calendar. Students should be mindful when selecting a date and time as there will be a $25 cancellation fee for rescheduled, canceled or no-show appointments for any reason. Because testing spots are limited, students can only schedule one test at a time. If students have scheduled more than one, then all of their reservations will be cancelled and there will be a $25 fee per test.
6) Students will receive an email from us with the link and instructions the day before the exam.
7) We will be using the Zoom platform, we recommend students download the Zoom app and get comfortable with it prior to the test as we will not be able to offer technical assistance.
8) Test takers should log into Zoom 10 minutes prior to the exam start time and have their government-issued photo ID prepared to show the proctor.
9) Students may not begin the exam until prompted by the proctor and are not allowed to log in late for any reason.
10) Students will be permitted to use a traditional calculator and scratch paper but the paper must be destroyed upon completion of the examination.
11) Students are not permitted cell phone use at any point during the examination.
12) Test takers must be visible via live stream on their webcam throughout the duration of the exam.
13) Under no circumstance are students permitted to take screen shots of the exam nor share the questions with anybody.
14) During the exam, students should be in a quiet, private section of the house, away from background noise and distractions.
15) Test takers will find out immediately whether or not they have passed the exam. If they have failed, they can make another appointment to re-test. All test-takers will receive an email with a breakdown of areas of their strengths and weaknesses.
16) Once the test taker passes, we will prepare their paperwork and mail it to the student promptly. The post-exam instructions can be found here
Frequently Asked Questions
Are online real estate classes allowed in Connecticut?
How do I register for your virtual real estate courses?
You can register for the class through our website, in person during the office hours or over the phone at 203-820-0110.
How soon can I start my live-streaming real estate course after registering?
How do I access the virtual real estate classes?
Do you have a live-streaming option for all of your real estate courses?
Is there an instructor teaching the virtual classes?
If I have any questions during the class, will I be able to ask them?
Can I take some of the modules in the classroom and others through live-streaming?
Due to COVID-19 mitigation efforts, we are currently offering our classes via live stream instruction only. We hope to open the classroom in the future and will keep students posted on our website with any updates.
What if I can’t start the virtual class on time or I have to log off early?
No credit will be given for partial attendance so students should make sure they are available and logged in with the camera on during the entire class time.
Will there be an exam at the end of the course? Where is the exam given?
Yes, the exam is currently being proctored live streatm through Zoom. Please see our final exam policies and procedures page for more details.
Will Real Estate University offer virtual real estate classes in other states other than Connecticut?
Great question! Yes! We plan to offer live-streaming classes in Rhode Island by fall 2020. Keep checking our website for updates.