1) All Students must have the camera on their device turned on during the entire class so that the instructor can see the student’s face. This is a regulation set forth by the DCP so we must strictly adhere to this rule without exception.
2) Students should log into GoToMeeting 10 minutes prior to the class start time and have their government-issued photo ID prepared to show the instructor or REU staff.
3) For all students who do not need credit for the class but would like to refresh, please use the dial-in feature offered in effort to save bandwidth, connectivity and visibility to the instructor for those who are required to use the camera features for course credit.
4) Students are not allowed to record and/or post the live-streaming class nor allow anyone else to record on their behalf.
5) Students are not allowed to share log in credentials with anybody else, even if the other person is also enrolled in classes with Real Estate University.
6) Students are not allowed to join the live-streaming class late or leave it early. If so, they will not be given credit for the class. Students should be prepared and logged in at least 5 minutes early so they are ready to begin the class at the designated time.
7) Students must be stationary during the class and paying attention to the instructor. For instance, you can’t be walking, driving, etc. during the class.
8) During the class, students should be in a quiet, private section of the house, away from background noise and distractions.
9) When logging in, you must use your full name to be given credit. Do not use nicknames or abbreviations. This is important so that every student who is logged on gets credit for attending.
10) Students must have their audio turned off unless they are called on by the instructor to speak. Otherwise, it is impossible for the other students to hear the instructor speak.
11) When asking a question, students should either type in their question or raise their hand so the instructor can call on you. Please do not interrupt the instructor.
12) Please be patient with us in the unfortunate event that we experience technical difficulties. We are trying our very best to provide a great live-streaming class for you but sometimes things are out of our control. Our settings allow for students to join the meetings prior to the instructor, however the online meeting platforms have increased security measures and if you are attempting to log in and it shows the meeting has not yet begun, please be assured we are working to remedy the issue as quickly as possible.
13) Have fun! We will get through this together!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are online real estate classes allowed in Connecticut?
How do I register for your virtual real estate courses?
How soon can I start my live-streaming real estate course after registering?
How do I access the virtual real estate classes?
Do you have a live-streaming option for all of your real estate courses?
Yes! Effective March 20, 2020, the DCP will allow all of Real Estate University’s classes, including broker pre-licensing and CE, to be able to be taken through live-streaming! For those who feel comfortable, they can also attend the class live at our Norwalk location but the seating is limited to 5 students.